At Togri Bakery, respecting the privacy and security of our customers and site visitors is very important to us. We promise to keep your data safe and secure. This policy describes why we need it and how we use it.
Togri Bakery will only use your data to improve your experience.
We will protect it like it’s our own.
We will use straightforward language. No legal jargon or hidden truths.
We’re against spamming you so you decide what and how you hear from us.
Also, your information won’t be kept for longer than necessary. If we don’t need it then we’ll delete it.
Protecting Your Privacy
For all our services, the data controller (the company that’s responsible for your privacy) is Togri Bakery.
If you have any questions about how we protect your privacy then email us at email@example.com
Navigating This Page
- How we use your information
- Sharing your information
- Marketing messages
- Seeing adverts for Togri Bakery online
- Your information and countries outside Europe
- Keeping your information
- Know your rights
- Changes to how we protect your privacy
- Cookies (the ones you can’t eat)
- How to contact us
How we use your information
How we use your information depends on the type of information we collect. Below we outline the information we collect from you, what we do with it, and why we use it.
- Your name and contact details
We use this information to:
- Deliver your purchases to you – This is needed to perform our contract with you
- Send you correspondence regarding your order such as order updates, delivery reminders and courtesy messages – This is needed to perform our contract with you
- Send you information by email, SMS, or post, about our new products and services – This is needed to keep you up to date, but we only send this with your permission
- Prevent and detect fraud – This is needed to prevent and detect fraud against either you or Togri Bakery. There’s some bad people out there so this is essential
- Find out what you, and other customers, like – This is needed to ensure we are giving you what you want, and to stay ahead of our competitors
- Your gender and age range
We use this information to:
- Find out what you, and other customers, like – This is needed to ensure we are giving you what you want, and to stay ahead of our competitors (men and women, older people and younger people all prefer different cakes and have different buying habits so it’s useful to know this information so we can provide the cakes and services right for you)
- Tailor the information we send to you by email, SMS, or post, about our new products and services – We need this to make sure that the information we send to you is relevant, but we only send this with your permission.
- Your payment information
This means your card’s details, but don’t worry, we don’t keep them. We use this information to:
- Take payment, and give refunds – This is needed to perform our contract with you. No money no cake!
- Prevent and detect fraud – This is needed to prevent and detect fraud against either you or Togri Bakery. There’s some bad people out there so this is essential.
- Your contact history with us
What you’ve said to us – for example, over the phone, on instant chat, by email or on social media. We use this information to:
- Provide customer service and support – This is needed to perform our contract with you, and after all, you expect the best service from us.
- Train our staff – This is needed so that when you contact us you will get the best possible customer service
- Purchase history and saved items
What you’ve bought and what you’ve stored in your cart for another time. We use this information to:
- Sell you things – This is needed to perform our contract with you. You can’t buy cakes if you can’t put it in your cart!
- Provide customer service and support – This is needed to perform our contract with you
- Find out what you, and other customers, like – This is needed to ensure we are giving you what you want, and to stay ahead of the competition.
- Information about the device you use to visit our website, and how you use our website
When you visit our website, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, location, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device.
Additionally, as you browse around, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to our site, and information about how you use it.
We use this information to:
- Improve our website – This is needed to give you the best possible shopping experience
- Protect our website – This is needed to prevent and detect fraud against either you or Togri Bakery and to meet our legal obligations about looking after your data
- Your responses to surveys, competitions and promotions
We use this information to:
- Run the survey, competition or promotion – This is needed to perform our contract with you – if we can’t use your entry, you can’t win anything!
You don’t have to give us any of this personal information, but if you don’t, then you may not be able to buy from our website or by any other means such as over the phone. You are also unlikely to receive our optimal overall customer experience. This is your choice and we respect that.
We also anonymise and aggregate personal information (so it doesn’t identify you) and use it for purposes such as research, data analysis, improving our site, developing new products and services and testing our IT systems. We also share this information with third parties.
Sharing your information
We do not, and will not, sell any of your personal data to any third party.
However, we do share your data with the following companies as an essential part of being able to provide our services to you, as set out in this statement:
- We use Shopify as our website host and they also power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
- We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the website--you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/. You can also opt-out of Google Analytics here: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- We also share your information with companies that do things to get your orders to you, such as payment service providers (like PayPal) and delivery companies (like Royal Mail).
- We may provide third parties with aggregated but anonymised information and analytics about our customers and, before we do so, we will make sure that it does not identify you.
- Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
If you have said we can, we’ll send you marketing messages by email, text, or by post to keep you aware of what we’re up to and to help you see and find our products.
How to stop marketing messages from us
You can stop receiving marketing messages from us at any time.
You can do this:
- By clicking on the ‘unsubscribe’ link in any email
- By contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Once you do this, we will update our database to ensure that you don’t receive further marketing messages.
Stopping marketing messages will not stop service communications (such as order updates).
Seeing adverts for Togri Bakery online
We also engage in online advertising, which helps keep you aware of what we’re up to and to help you see and find our products.
Like many companies, we target our adverts to you when you are on other websites and apps. We do this using a variety of digital marketing tools and technologies such as:
- “Web beacons,” “tags,” and “pixels” – These are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the our website
- “Cookies” – These are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” – These track actions occurring on our website, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
We also use specific services offered by some sites and social networks, such as Facebook’s Customer Audience service.
The adverts you see will be based on information we hold about you, your previous use of Togri Bakery (such as your Togri Bakery search history and the content that you read on our website), or on Togri Bakery adverts you have previously clicked on.
Your information and countries outside Europe
We use Shopify Inc to host our website and power our online store. They are a Canadian e-commerce company that make it easy for small independent businesses, such as Togri Bakery, to sell their stuff online. Woohoo!
They are based in the USA and Canada. Therefore orders you place on our website and payments you make on your card will be processed by Shopify. This means your personal data will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the USA.
Shopify collects our customers’ name, email, shipping and billing address, payment details, phone number, IP address, information about orders they initiate, information about other Shopify supported merchant stores that our customers visit, and information about the device and browser they use.
Shopify use this information to provide Togri Bakery with the services that allow us to take and process orders, risk and fraud screening, authentication, and payments. They also use this information to improve their services to us.
You can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy.
Shopify (specifically Shopify’s affiliates Shopify Data Processing (USA) Inc., Shopify Payments (USA) Inc., and Shopify (USA) Inc.) complies with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework, regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from data subjects in the European Economic Area (“EEA”). In this regard, they have certified that they adhere to the Privacy Shield Principles of notice, choice, accountability for onward transfers, security, data integrity and purpose limitation, access, recourse, enforcement and liability.
Keeping your information
We’ll only hold on to your information for as long as you are a customer. If you haven’t placed an order with us for five years we will delete your information from our systems. If you no longer wish to be a customer, you can also contact our Customer Care Team and request all the information we have on you.
If reasonably necessary or required to meet legal or regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our Terms & Conditions, we may also keep hold of some of your information as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the services to you.
Know your rights
These are your rights relating to your personal information:
- The right to be informed about how your personal information is being used (like this notice)
- The right to access the personal information we hold about you
- The right to request the correction of inaccurate personal information we hold about you
- The right to request that we delete your data, or stop processing it, or stop collecting it, in some circumstances
- The right to stop direct marketing messages, which you can do by clicking the “unsubscribe” link in emails or by contacting email@example.com.
- The right to request that we transfer or port elements of your data to either you or another service provider.
- The right to complain to your data protection regulator – The Information Commissioner’s Office.
Please contact us if you wish to exercise your rights, have a complaint or would like to ask some questions.
Changes to how we protect your privacy
We may change this page to reflect how we are processing your data.
Any significant changes will be made clear on the Togri Bakery website or by other means of contact such as email. This allows you to review the changes before you continue to use Togri Bakery.
We don’t bake cookies but we do use them on our website.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are files that store information on your hard drive or browser which means that we can recognise that you have visited the Togri Bakery website before. They make it easier for you to maintain your preferences on our website, and by seeing how you use them, we can tailor them around your preferences and measure usability of our website.
How can I prevent Cookies being used?
If you want to delete any cookies that are already on your computer, the “help” section in your browser should provide instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Further information about cookies can be found at https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-pecr/cookies-and-similar-technologies/ . Please be aware that by deleting or disabling future cookies, your user experience may be affected and you might not be able to take advantage of certain functions of our site, and the complete Togri Bakery user experience that we pride ourselves on providing our customers.”
There are four main types of cookie and we explain below what they are and how we use them:
(1) Site functionality cookies – these cookies allow you to navigate the site and use our features, such as “Add to Bag” and “Save for Later”.
(2) Site analytics cookies – these cookies allow us to measure and analyse how our customers use the site, to improve both its functionality and your shopping experience.
(3) Customer preference cookies – when you are browsing or shopping on the Togri Bakery website, these cookies will remember your preferences (like your language or location), so we can make your shopping experience as slick as possible, and more personal to you.
(4) Targeting or advertising cookies – these cookies are used to deliver adverts relevant to you. They also limit the number of times that you see an advert and help us measure the effectiveness of our marketing campaigns.
How long will cookies remain on my computer or mobile device?
The length of time that a cookie remains on your computer or mobile device depends on whether it is a “persistent” or “session” cookie. Session cookies last until you stop browsing and persistent cookies last until they expire or are deleted. Most of the cookies we use are persistent and will expire between 30 minutes and two years from the date they are downloaded to your device.
By using our site, you agree to us placing these sorts of cookies on your device and accessing them when you visit the site in the future.
How to contact us
We always want to hear from our customers. Especially if we have let you down or you think we could do better.
Please don’t hesitate to contact our Customer Service Team, who will be happy to answer any questions you may have.
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at
85 Wensleydale Road,